Welcome to Glambar
Permanent Makeup Studio
Permanent makeup, also known as micropigmentation, is a procedure whereby pigment is placed in the dermal layer of the skin. This is done manually with a hand-held machine which sprays the ink into the skin upon contact.
Permanent makeup is one of the most positive and life-changing cosmetic treatments available within the beauty industry today, it can help you regain confidence by restoring features lost or compromised due to age or illness, or simply enhances facial features to make you look and feel beautiful.
Permanent makeup offers you the long-lasting pleasure of always having vibrant, flawless, waterproof and smudge-free makeup.
Pigments/Colours are chosen and mixed according to each individual’s skin tone and requirements. Colours can be soft and subtle or dark and bold. Shapes are measured, drawn and discussed before the procedure begins.
Lip procedures make a natural and beautiful difference toward restoring definition, creating fullness and colour to the lips. One can choose from a simple lip contour to vibrant full-colour lips.
Permanent eyeliner involves enhancing the eyes with a line top or bottom or both which can be either a soft natural line or a thicker, more bold line. You can play with colours to enhance certain eye colours, or stick to the timeless black or brown eyeliners which look great on everyone.
Eyebrows are the most important feature of the face. They accentuate your eyes, enhance your expressions and emphasize facial symmetry.
Questions & Answers
HOW LONG DOES A PERMANENT MAKEUP PROCEDURE TAKE?
The initial procedure will generally take approximately 90-180 minutes (Depending on the procedure):
- Brows 90-120Mins
- Eyeliner 90-120Mins
- Lips 120-180Mins
The procedure consists of the following:
- forms to be completed;
- aesthetic application;
- photographs to be taken;
- desired design and colour to be discussed;
- the procedure to be performed; and
- the aftercare requirements to be explained.
The second procedure or colour refreshing procedure usually does not require the same amount of time as the initial one does and will be approximately 60-90 minute appointment.
Are There Any Side Effects During or After the Procedure?
While eyebrows may show little after effect, eyeliner and lips may show slight to moderate swelling or redness. This is dependent upon the amount of work performed, the skin type and age of the skin.
Bruising is rare but is possible depending on skin type, the area we are working on and use of medications such as blood thinners, aspirin, etc. If bruising does occur, typically it is minor and subsides in a few days.
There is usually some tenderness for a few days.
The color is usually slightly darker than you may expect for the first few days, but it will lighten to the desired color as it heals.
Is Permanent Makeup Painful?
One of the most common concerns about permanent make up is the pain. The anaesthetic cream and gel used, as well as our techniques are so effective that virtually no pain is felt during the procedure.
Who is not a good candidate for permanent makeup
- Pregnant or nursing clients will regretfully need to wait until after delivery and nursing has ceased.
- Diabetic and on Insulin – the treating doctor’s written clearance is required. Please ensure that you have had a small meal and are well hydrated prior to arriving for your appointment.
- If you have recently been diagnosed or treated for Glaucoma or undergone any eye surgery, your doctor’s written clearance is required for eyeliner procedures.
- If you have undergone Plastic Surgery on or near the procedure area, the scars should be a minimum of 8 – 9 months. Alternatively your doctor’s written clearance for the procedure is required.
- If you are currently undergoing Chemotherapy or Radiation, it is best to do the procedure before you start treatment, after treatment we will need to wait 3-6 months before we do the a procedure.
If you are on Roaccutane or any similar medication, we will need to wait 3 months once you complete your course to do a procedure.
Pre-procedure information document
- Please inform us in advance of any health-related issue that you are currently being treated for prior to your appointment.
- Should you regularly use Retin-A, Glycol Acid, Accutane products or recently had a medical skin peel, your skin may be too sensitive. Procedure/s may, however, be performed at our discretion so please inform us.
- Please refrain from the use of any alcohol, blood thinning meds e.g. Aspirin, arnica, pain medication, anti-inflammatory, diuretics or recreational drugs 24 hours before the procedure.
- Botox and fillers need to have been done at least 2 weeks prior to doing permanent makeup procedures.
- Any form of hair removal, bleaching or tinting should be performed at least 48 hrs pre-procedure or 2 weeks post procedure.
- Should you be scheduled for eyeliner and wear contact lenses, please bring your lens case and spectacles to wear afterward. The eyes may be sensitive to light post-procedure, so do bring sunglasses.
- Should you be having any of the lip procedures offered and have ever had a cold sore or fever blister, we advise you to be on an anti-viral medication in order to prevent a breakout. Ask your GP for an anti-viral prescription,( Zelitrex, Valtrex or Zovirax is prescribed), Lysine is a herbal alternative, which can be used, medication is to be commenced at least 1 day prior, the day of, and for at least 3 to 4 days following the lip procedure.
- Most permanent procedures, especially microbladed eyebrows are a 2-part procedure – it is important to attend the refinement visit 6 weeks later, as all minor adjustments are made at this appointment to ensure the best possible result.
Can conventional makeup still be used after Permanent Makeup?
Yes, once the area worked on has healed (5-7 days post procedure) conventional makeup can still be used. The best option is to choose a subtle everyday color for permanent makeup and your bolder choices in your makeup bag.
Who can benefit from Permanent Makeup
People with time constraints
That is whether you’re a busy executive, gym enthusiast or a super Mom, applying a full face of makeup every day is time-consuming. With permanent makeup, the time it takes to get ready is significantly reduced and your makeup stays fresh all day.
People with Active Lifestyles
Permanent makeup allows a person to feel more confident when participating in activities that normally cause conventional makeup to sweat off.
People who suffer from Allergies or Sensitivities s
Allergies to conventional makeup makes it very uncomfortable or impossible to wear, our pigments are hypoallergenic and thus will eliminate those problems.
People with Visual Impairments
Visual impairments make it hard to apply makeup with precision, with permanent makeup these issues are eliminated.
People with unsteady hands
This makes it very difficult to apply makeup in a precise and satisfactory manner, however, with permanent cosmetics you can feel assured that your makeup looks good and consistent all the times.
People with little or no brow hair
Microblading can fill in gaps and enhance the Brows to frame the face.
People with thin lips
Lip color enhances the appearance of fuller lips and is a perfect alternative to surgical enhancement.
People with little or no lash hair
Permanent eyeliner gives eyes the illusion of thicker lashes.